Thank you for your interest in SOAR, the Society of Active Retirees. Membership is open to anyone who is interested in lifelong learning. Our members represent a wide variety of backgrounds, life stages and world experiences. But we all share a common interest in learning.
How to Join
You automatically become a member of SOAR when you enroll in classes for the spring or fall term. Your membership fee is included with your tuition. The tuition fee for each six-week term is $80. As long as you continue to register for classes during at least one term per year, you remain a member in good standing and enjoy SOAR’s many benefits.
Membership in SOAR entitles you to:
- Enroll in up to 8 classes per term, space available
- Register for an unlimited number of additional classes at no extra fee during “open enrollment”
- Receive invitations for exclusive field trips, film festivals and special events
- Participate in shared interest groups at no additional membership charge
- Receive SOAR course catalogs, newsletters and flyers in the mail and online
SOAR opens the door to a variety of enrichment opportunities. Join us to:
- Become part of an organization designed specifically to meet your educational interests
- Expand your understanding of art, history, science, current events and more
- Experience lively discussions while sharing your knowledge and experience with others
- Meet like-minded people and build new friendships
- Add life to your years by exercising your mind and having fun!
To join SOAR, call our office at (248) 489-0005, or send us a message on the contact us page.
Still not sure about joining SOAR? Contact the office and request a guest pass to attend any open class.